Aquatronic Auto Roller Systems
Points to consider when ordering an Aquatronic Roller.
- The motor is pre-installed into the roll-up tube and is complete with a 15 metre long, 8mm diameter, 7 core YY control cable which feeds back to the main control panel.
- The cable can be extended using standard 10amp electrical connections, but the overall cable length should be limited to 30 metres. Please ask at the point of order or specify on the Aquatronic Roller order form if extra cable is required.
- The control panel includes an adjustable time delay function which allows time for the user to move from the control station (either key switch, push button or radio remote) to the pool side to begin guiding the cover. For the key switch and push button this time is adjustable up to 30 seconds, for the radio remote this is adjustable up to 5 seconds – this should be considered when planning location of the control station.
- The key switch is a 3 position ‘stay-put’ switch and is connected to the main control panel by a minimum 0.5mm2 standard 3 core cable (not supplied). The push button is pre wired with a 15m signal cable.
- If ordered with a cover, the cover will be pre-secured to the roller and calibrated for basic start and stop position, but some fine tuning of calibration will be needed on site at point of installation.
- Covers are connected via a 6mm nylon rod fed through the back edge of the cover / connection piece (please see page 194 for full options). Please inform of distance from pool edge to final planned roller position at point of order.
- For pools with limited surrounding space, the motor mounting plate can be used as a wall mounting plate for both the motor and / or non-motor end of the roller.
- Pricing is for roller only. Please price for cover connection piece and towing kit separately.
- The Aquatronic roller is a semi-automatic product. Floating covers require a towing boom and manual guidance to manoeuvre them on and off the pool.
- Suitable for pools of up to 15m x 7.5m or covers up to 112.5m2 where the maximum width is 7.5m.
The Certikin Aquatronic control panel includes a volt free status relay which can be connected to most indoor ducted air handling units. This enables the “set back” facility to be operated automatically, thus reducing the pool hall air temperature when the cover is in situ and hence offering potential savings in running costs. The air temperature set back point is normally pre-set in the air handling unit itself.